ExamDiff Pro is a powerful yet intuitive and easy to use visual file and directory comparison tool for Windows. It features unique functionality that distinguishes ExamDiff Pro from other comparison programs. If you’ve been frustrated with other comparison utilities, you will find that ExamDiff Pro offers a much more efficient and user-friendly way to compare files and folders.
– Compares text files, binary files, and directories.
– Performs two-way and three-way diff and merge.
– Highlights differences down to the level of lines, words or characters.
– Highlights document syntax.
– Fuzzy line matching.
– Ability to recognize moved text blocks.
– Automated directory synchronization.
– Line Inspector panel for easy recognition of differences within lines.
– Can perform full file comparison in a background task in directory comparison.
– Ability to add manual synchronization points to text file comparison.
– Compares directly from Windows Explorer.
– Allows file editing within file comparison panes.
– Allows copying, renaming, and deleting files or directories.
– Saves the file differences in a standard UNIX DIFF file or to a dynamic HTML web page.
– Prints and print previews diff reports.
– Easy navigation through the differences.
– Advanced Search features.
– Drag and drop support.
– Advanced Ignore options, for ignoring capitalization, white space, programming-language comments, and more.
– Word wrapping.
– Plug-in support.
– Drag and drop support.
– Can create directory snapshots for later comparison.
– Includes full Unicode support.
– Fully customizable.
– Perform code reviews and share diff reports with your colleagues
– Compare a local website to an FTP server using built-in plug-ins
– Visualize your code structure through syntax highlighting
– Compare Word, Excel, and PDF documents using built-in plug-ins
– Create directory snapshots for future comparison and archiving
– Compare from Windows Explorer using the built-in Shell extension
– Accurately compare executable files with binary comparison
– Synchronize files and folders between your PC and external media
– Quickly undo mistakes by comparing files with previous versions
– Perform 2-way and 3-way diff and merge (Master Edition only)
Ability to group directory comparison items
Allow to Go Up One Level/Drill Down in directory comparison without re-comparison (using cached diff results)
Ability to use Left/Center/Right blocks by default if a conflict occurs during merging (Master edition)
Command line option /statsonly to output only comparison statistics
Automatically save/restore manual synchronization links
Ability to customize file/directory captions
Allow using Windows environment variables in Options paths
Option to convert new tabs to spaces during text file editing
Ability to customize print report heading via Page Setup (which includes making it blank)
Option to force comparisons from Windows Explorer context menu with the older/newer file/directory as first
“Merge Matched” and “Merge Selected” commands in the Advanced sub-menu of the directory comparison views context menu (Master edition)
Command line options /dt1:name, /dt2:name, /dt3:name to allow replacing “Theirs”, “Base”, and “Yours” tags in merging (Master edition)
Windows 10 Support
Improved performance of directory comparison
Ability to toggle option “Ignore Linebreak styles” via customized toolbar
Added more file attributes to the supported ones (RHSA) in directory comparison views
Whats New :
Updates: official site does not provide any info about changes in this version