OmniPlan is designed to help you visualize, maintain, and simplify your projects. Break down tasks, optimize the required resources, control costs, and monitor your entire plan—all at a glance. Collaborate with your colleagues and share every detail, update a calendar with your days off, or mix and match. Accept and reject changes one-by-one or all in one go.
Here’s where you put together a beautiful, personal command station for a set of projects. The focus here is on resource load and easy-to-understand visuals.
Monte Carlo Simulation
Two clicks for a much better understanding of your project’s finishability! OmniPlan does quick math and predicts the future.
An incredibly easy way to visualize a project’s flow, dependencies, and tasks. All completely customizable, too.
Earned Value Analysis
Using built-in EVA formulas, you’ll always know if the money going in to a project is producing the expected results. And we’ve already checked the math.
What’s new in OmniPlan 3.0:
• Standard And Pro — OmniPlan Standard provides the core functionality that most users need to plan a project. OmniPlan Pro takes your project to the next level with collaboration, forecasting, and reporting features.
• User Interface — Out with the old, in with the new! The Gantt chart and resource timeline now sport a flat, modern design, and the inspectors live in their new home in the sidebar.
• Network View — An elegant and easy way to rapidly prototype and visualize your project’s flow as a network diagram of nodes connected by dependencies.
• Multi-Project Dashboard (PRO) — See everything at once! Assemble a beautiful dashboard to review your projects at a glance, and see how busy or idle every team member is across all of them.
• Earned Value Analysis (PRO) — Time is money! Measure a project’s progress at any given point in the schedule and forecast its completion date and final cost, without having to remember all of those EVA formulas.
• Meeting Task Type — A new resource allocation option that allows you to specify if multiple resources need to work on a task independently or simultaneously.
• Auto-Effort Estimation (PRO) — Think some tasks might take longer or finish earlier than expected? Let OmniPlan assign your best and worst estimates to account for every scenario.
• Monte Carlo Simulation (PRO) — Run multiple simulations in seconds to forecast milestone completion dates with varying levels of confidence.
• Off-Day Styling — Want to see every single off-hour time period, just the weekends, or just the holidays on your Gantt chart? You can now show or hide them all!
• Reports (PRO) — Generate project reports with a single click! We’ve created gorgeous, customizable HTML templates that are dressed to impress at your next status meeting.
• Unlinked Duration and Effort — Set different values for a task’s effort and duration, then let OmniPlan crunch the numbers for your resource assignment percentage.
• Display Task Hierarchy — Have a lot of repetitive tasks with the same name? Differentiate them by showing the full hierarchical path of a task and its parent group in the task outline and Gantt chart.
What’s new in OmniPlan 3.0.2:
• Launch Crash — Fixed a crash sometimes encountered when launching the app.
Requirements: Mac: OS X 10.10